|Title||Second Presbyterian Church|
|Dates of Creation||circa 1908|
|Scope & Content||
A color postcard of Second Presbyterian Church in Roanoke, Virginia, postmarked July 29, 1910. The church is located at 214 Mountain Avenue in Roanoke's "Old Southwest" neighborhood.
The following information was taken directly from the church's website, http://www.spres.org -- "In February 1891, the idea of establishing a "second" Presbyterian church was born. Roanoke was growing rapidly, and a new church was needed to accommodate all the worshippers. The first services were held in a private home and in a vacant building while the chapel was being built. The chapel was opened for use in 1892 and served the congregation until the present stone building was erected in 1906."
|Year Range from||1906|
|Year Range to||1910|
Doors & doorways
Religious architectural elements
Second Presbyterian Church
Kress & Co., S.H.
Smith, Ray C.
|Collection||History Museum of Western Virginia|
|Number of images||2|
|Extent of Description||1-postcard, 3 1/2" x 5 1/2"|