Museum Homepage
Museum logo

Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Title Agnew Seed Stores -- Hand Truck
Description A color photograph of the interior of Agnew Seed Stores, located on the Roanoke City Market at 301 Market Street SE, showing a dolly or hand truck for handling heavy loads of seeds and other merchandise. Agnew was the oldest existing seed house in the Commonwealth of Virginia having been operated by the same extended family since 1897. The building is thought to have been constructed prior to 1910. The business was terminated on December 23, 2008, and this image was created on February 21, 2009 as the building and its contents were being readied for a March 5, 2009 auction.
Photographer Lemon, Phil
Place Roanoke, Virginia
Date February 21, 2009
Year Range from 2009
Year Range to 2009
Copyright All rights belong to the History Museum of Western Virginia without restriction.
Subjects Agriculture
Farming
Feed stores
Seed trade
Seeds

Dollies (Moving equipment)
Search Terms Agnew Seed Stores
Market Street
Roanoke City
Roanoke City Market
Virginia
Collection History Museum Digital Image Collection
Imagefile 023\20093514.JPG
Object Name Image, Digital
Catalog Number 2009.35.14