|Title||First National Bank, circa 1910|
A black and white photograph of the First National Bank, taken circa 1910, at 101 South Jefferson Street (at the southwest corner of intersection of Jefferson Street and Salem Avenue) in Roanoke, Virginia.
It was erected after the plans of Norfolk architect John Kevan Peebles. Following its completion in 1910, the granite and buff-colored-brick, seven-story building was called in a contemporary newspaper account a "Temple of Finance" in the "French Renaissance" style .This building was also known as the People's Federal Building and the Liberty Trust Company.
A detailed description can be found on the website for Virginia Department of History Resources, www.dhr.virginia.gov/.
|Year Range from||1900|
|Year Range to||1915|
|Copyright||All rights belong to the History Museum of Western Virginia without restriction.|
Liberty Trust Building
First National Bank Building
First National Bank
|Notes||1 duplicate in "Duplicates and Variants" file.|
|Collection||History Museum Photograph Collection|
|Object Name||Print, Photographic|