|Title||Virginia Polytechnic Institute|
Virginia Polytechnic Institute is a state college of agriculture, engineering and business established in 1872 as a land-grant college. Its founding marked the beginning of scientific agricultural and industrial instruction in Virginia. It is located 38 miles southwest of Roanoke, Virginia. In 1896 the name changed from Virginia Agricultural & Mechanical College and Polytechnical Institute and shortened to Virginia Polytechnic Institute. In 1944 Virginia Tech was affiliated with Radford College, a women's division of the college, until 1964 when it became coed. Some of the nation's top engineers are graduated from this school each year.
|Copyright||All rights belong to the History Museum of Western Virginia without restriction.|
|Collection||Roanoke Chamber of Commerce Photograph Collection|
|Object Name||Print, Photographic|